Sunday, November 9, 2008

What to do?!?

So, we all know that the holidays are here. When we are single, it is easy to know what to do. Go home! We want to be with our families. When we are married, we want to be with our families too, but which one? It would be nice if both of our families were close because then we could alternate easier or go to both, but with my parents in Texas, Tyler's Dad in Colorado and his mom in Nephi, we are torn on where to go. Our parents don't want us to be alone this Christmas, and we don't either, but we also don't want to go somewhere and just sit around the house waiting for our parents to come home after spending quite a bit of money on tickets. I hate just sitting around. Yes, it would be a nice vacation to just relax, but when you go somewhere that you don't know the area, it makes it very difficult.

We are also on a strict budget so we couldn't just go shopping or something. We have been working hard to save money to specific things and a vacation is one of them, but to somewhere exotic. We would like to go to Hawaii, London, or even a cruise! The problem is that those cost quite a bit of money and I don't have a passport. Those are now about $100! I hate how everything costs money!! We aren't even using credit cards, so we can't just put it on there and pay it off later.

I hate decisions. Especially when it comes to those you love. I want to be with those I love, but I also don't want to go and then be bored, wishing I was home. Maybe we will just go snowboarding a couple of times. Take a couple days off work and go have fun. We have a big decision ahead of us today. Hope we make the right decision.......

2 comments:

rachel said...

I thought decisions got easier when you get married! Great! I guess life is never easy, is it? I feel the same about going to my parents house in Logan. I don't have any friends up there so I just lay around or go shopping for things I don't need. Sigh. I wish there was a magic wish fairy to make our decisions for us and then we could blame the fairy if family got mad at your decisions! You'll make the right one for you two :)

Chels said...

Good Luck with that! It is hard to decide what to do between families! Hope we see you at the Moore Christmas party on Dec. 19th. Send me your email address, my blog is private now so I need to send you an invite.
flyan.ryan@hotmail.com