Monday, November 24, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

It is finally Thanksgiving and I am so ready for it! I think I am more excited for the short week and food :) even though I shouldn't be. It will be nice to sleep in more than one day and be with my husband more than just the weekend. I do work Wednesday up in SLC, but it is to make up for the time I am not working on Thursday ( I prefer not to work holidays). Thursday, we will be joining the people upstairs and then we will head downstairs to set up our Christmas decorations!! We are so excited!! Also, we will be continuing on a tradition my family has done for many years. A tradition my family has is to make gingerbread houses ( not the cheap kind like graham crackers). We will probably do that Thursday or Friday. I made the houses 2 weeks ago out of a mold so they can firm up. This last weekend, we bought the candy to put on the houses. It will be a lot of fun. We will just have to "try" to resist the candy...

I look forward to the fall season because of the holidays. Unfortunately, Thanksgiving is one that is neglected. This is the time that people show more of what they are thankful for. We need to show it more than just one day a year, but I think it is kind of a reminder that we do need to be thankful for what we have. I am thankful for a wonderful husband who I love so so much, a house to live in (a basement), food on the table, gas in our cars, and money to live on and to be able to spend a little :). I just hope that we can all remember what we are thankful for this holiday season and show it through the rest of the year. I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! We love you all!!!

3 comments:

rachel said...

Great post Lacey, I think we all could be a little more grateful, at least I know I could! Happy Thanksgiving!

Kat said...

I know, thanksgiving always gets the shaft. I love it! Fall is wonderful, isn't it? Except when you're in school. Ugh. Well you're almost done! Hang in there girlie! Happy Thanksgiving!

Great Scott's! said...

Its offically over today !! at le3ast for us it is now we can focus on family, love, relaxing and actually appreciate those things we work so hard for, instead of just lip service. I love Thanksgiving it definately has it's own special feeling. Sleep in and enjoy gir;ie you deserve it!!