Sunday, November 30, 2008

2 Weeks Left of School!!!!!

It is finally December (well, tomorrow it is). There is only two weeks left of school and I am so excited!!! I finished a research paper this weekend, so now all I have to worry about are my finals. I am so ready for this semester to be done and ready for Christmas vacation!!! I will be working most of the time up in Salt Lake, but it is only til 1 everyday, so Tyler and I will still have our afternoons together :)

Anyways, Thanksgiving was a lot of fun. The people we live with invited us up to spend Thanksgiving with them. It is the closest thing to "family" that we had here in Utah County without having to travel. It is really Tyler's brothers family, but we still think of them as family for us too. We had dinner at 2 pm and then after that, we played games and had so much fun! It was nice to feel welcomed :) After everyone left, one of the daughters invited us to their house, so we went. We went to their house and watched a movie. It was called "Clue" based off the game. It was very interesting and had some funny parts. It was still fun to go to someone's house and have fun.

Friday, it was decorating time :) We finally put up our tree and Christmas decorations around the house. We have been looking forward to this for a long time. We didn't want to go shopping. We both aren't Black Friday people. We just stayed home and enjoyed each others company.


On Saturday, the lady upstairs invited me and her daughter (Mandie) to go see Twilight! I have finally seen it!! Tyler did not want to see the movie, so I went with the girls. I was glad to finally see it, and I didn't have to pay for the movie either :). After I got back home, Tyler worked a little more on his homework while I was getting things ready in the kitchen. My family's tradition is to make real gingerbread houses....that is what we did. We had fun doing that too.

Lacey's House
Tyler's House

We aren't excited to go back to school or work. We have really enjoyed sleeping in, the time off, and being with each other all the time. It is something we both needed. The nice thing is that, again, there is only two weeks left of school and we are very excited!!! Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving too and have a great week!!

No comments: