Monday, November 30, 2009

Baby Blessing/Christmas Card


Cameron had his baby blessing yesterday. Tyler did an amazing job. The blessing was great! Cameron has a lot to look forward to as he gets older. It was nice to have family there to participate. We also had the guy from upstairs participate. We have grown close to them as we have lived in their basement. We even said that Cameron can call them "grandparents." I remember growing up and having "grandparents". It was fun.

This year for Thanksgiving, I decided to cook since my parents were in town for the blessing. I got a recipe from my sister-in-law because Tyler wanted turkey that wasn't turkey. He wanted a different flavor. The turkey turned out great! I was so proud of myself. I cooked the entire meal for us, but I was thankful to have my family here to help since I was also taking care of Cameron. It was a long day.

Now it is Christmas season. We put up our tree yesterday with my parents here. I haven't been able to do that in a long time, so it was nice to have them here. Cameron is way too young to understand what is going on, but next year will be fun and from here on out.

He is turning into such a cutie. I love watching him grow every day. He is getting so big! I am really not looking forward to going back to work because I will have to leave him, but I know it is good for me and for him. We also need the money, but it is figuring out how I can go back to work.

The Lord is really blessing us this year. I just got word that I passed my state level certification as well for interpreting. We have accomplished my goals we had set before having Cameron. We wanted to pay off the car (now we own both of them), pass my level 2 test and pass the NIC written. We did all that plus I passed the NIC performance as well (NIC is the national sign language test)!!

We have had a good year. We have a beautiful son who has been great since day one, we have a roof over our heads, food on our table, jobs, and friends and family who love us. We are so thankful for everyone. We hope you all have a great Christmas and Happy New Year!!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

That wood-burning stove in the background looks strangely familiar. Oh, right, it's in my parents basement, where you live. I love having you guys there. I like to see my nephew grow up, he looks different every time I see him. My dad really enjoyed being a part of Cameron's blessing. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, also.

CassieU said...

it'll be nice to see your face again!..if this is the "work" you're talking bout.

ManDee and Scott Laing said...

I'm glad everything went well this past week for you. You both are great parents and wonderful for each other. Can't wait to see you at Christmas time. Love you all!

Paul and Mariko said...

So cute! I love the family picture :) Cameron looks like a mini-me of Tyler! I'm so glad everything is going so well for you!

Jami & James said...

Congrats on passing your tests Lace! I'm so happy for you. And baby Cameron is too cute. He looks just like his daddy!
Love and miss you bunches!

Chels said...

What a cute family picture!!! It is so neat to see the relationship between your kids and husband, its a great thing. Congrats on passing your test, I knew you would!!
Hope you guys have a great Christmas!

Lyman and Dee Gifford said...

That is the best picture. It gets better every year. Turkey was great and you did a great job for your first Thanksgiving dinner. Excited to see you soon. Love you all. Mom and Dad

Ashley said...

Your card is so lovely. Miss you mucho and I'm glad to see you're doing well.

The Moores said...

I love the family picture!!

Will you e-mail me your mailing address? brockandkatie@gmail.com. Thanks!