Thursday, June 7, 2012

Introducing...

 Here is our little Taryn Voris. She was born April 27, 2012 at 4:32 pm. She is our new bundle of joy.


I guess I will give a little background as to what happened. On Wednesday, the 25th, I went to the doctor to make sure all was okay. I wasn't dialating. I was barely at 1 cm. He was asking me about being induced and we were going to set it up for that next Monday. As he was checking everything, he noticed she wasn't head down. I started tearing up because I knew what it meant and I was scared. I didn't want to have to get her turned. I have heard so many horror stories about how much it hurts. He told me we would set it up for Friday. They would give me an epidural and then turn her. I was glad I would be numb for it.

We arrived at 6 am at the hospital. At 7, they finally came in to give me my fluids. At 7:30, the doctor arrived to check on her. She flipped back down! I was so relieved. The doctor went ahead and broke my water to make sure she would stay down. That was something I don't want to have happen again while I am not numb. It was not a pleasant feeling. It didn't help being in so much pain anyways.

The nurse gave me the petocin at 9 am because I hadn't started contractions on my own yet. At 9:30, I got my epidural ( I'm not very good with pain lol). I finally started dialating and was able to sleep a little bit. About 3:30 pm, I was starting to feel a lot of pressure. I called the nurse and she came to check on me and I was at 9 cm. She called the doctor to let him know I was ready. He was driving from another hospital so I had to not push. It was so hard not to.

The doctor finally arrived at about 4:20 and she arrived at 4:32 pm. She was 6 lbs 5 oz 19 inches long. She has dark hair and blue eyes. She is so beautiful and we love having her here in our family.

Cameron loves his little sister. I was so worried how he would react. He wants to kiss her and hold her all the time. We have to tell him to give her space so she can breath lol. I am so glad he loves her. I just hope he continues to.

No comments: