Friday, July 10, 2009

Tyler Voris and the Snake of Doom!

Here is another blog by Tyler. Very few and far between might I say, but this is blog worthy stuff I guess. Last night on Fox 13 news, there was a report saying because of the heat the snakes are out. They gave a demonstration with rattlesnakes and gopher snakes and what to do. Little did I know that this would apply to me sooner than later. However, I am the biggest wuss when it comes to snakes! I am very frightened by snakes (aka Indiana Jones Syndrome) and there just happened to be a rattler in the back yard of the house we're staying at. The owner came downstairs to get me to help (which was zero help from me really) and we had it spotted soon enough thanks to their dog and the trapping skills of the owners brother. In no time there was a dead rattler in the bucket, measuring about three feet in length. To be honest, it doesn't matter how long it is; a snake is a snake no matter what size! Thank goodness it's dead and not in the garden anymore. However, I don't feel that this will be the last of the snakes. This is the third encounter with snakes already! The previous two were only gopher snakes; but like I said, a snake is a snake no matter what size!

5 comments:

Great Scott's! said...

ewwwwwwwwwwww!! Super EEWWWWWWWWWW!! I am freaking out for you! YUCK!

Lyman and Dee Gifford said...

Indiana Jones Tyler! Count the rings or rattles. The more rattles it has the bigger it is. Don't use length to measure them officially. But I like the length too.

Ashley said...

THAT IS SO GROSS!!!! Good job protecting your cute pregnant wifey from that nasty rattler. Blech!

ManDee and Scott Laing said...

Yikes!! That's no fun! It's good you found him before someone got hurt though!

Chrystee said...

Uuggghhh!! That was soo disgusting to watch!! haha. I absolutely hate snakes too and had a near fatal encounter with a possible rattlesnake while running on the Jordan River trail last year. (it wasn't really fatal, but felt that way to me!)