Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Can't Believe It!!!

Yesterday, I was at work. I called Tyler when I was off and walking to my car. I opened the door, sat down, closed the door and heard a weird noise. I looked behind me and the back window had completely shattered!! I was hit by a golf ball from the golf course next to our building! I was so stunned! Of course, I start bawling because of the pregnancy hormones. I hung up the phone with Tyler to ask my boss what I needed to do. I got some information and decided to call the insurance. After talking to the agent, we decided to just pay for the window ourselves. We are now trying to get the city to reimburse us, but who knows if that will happen or how long it will take. Let's just say I was a mess when I got home.

Two hours later, I decided to check my email and in my junk box, I have an email that says "NIC results." My heart starts pounding. I start to bawl again because I felt that I did not pass. Tyler decides to read the email for me and let me know if I passed or not. I walk to the kitchen to try to breathe. He comes out of the computer room with this look on his face, and I knew I failed. I start crying harder (pregnancy hormones are not fun). He then proceeds to tell me that I passed! I can't belive it! I am nationally certified! This is such a big step for me. For those who aren't sure what this means: I can now move to any state and they will accept this certification. It also means a pay raise ;) We are so excited!

I am so glad that Heavenly Father gave me the strength to pass the test, especially when my brain isn't working so well right now with the baby. I know it was all Him that helped me and I am thankful for that.

7 comments:

ManDee and Scott Laing said...

Hey congratulations again on passing your test!! We are so proud of you!!

Jerilyn said...

Congratulations Lacey!!!! That is SOO exciting, I'm so happy for you! You deserve it for sure! It was perfect timing too :) I hope you are doing well during the 2nd half of your pregnancy! much love!

Chanté said...

Oh my gosh!!!!! You Rock!!! Congrats on passing your NIC!!! -Chanté

Great Scott's! said...

Congrats Lacey! And that is just awful about your window. Luckily passing can make that alot easier to deal with! I want to pass that test someday, it's awesome for you!!!

rachel said...

Oh my goodness! What a contradiction to have happen on the same day! I would be terrified and bawling about the window too :) Congrats on passing! What an amazing achievement....and what incredible timing!

I think I speak for all of us...we need belly pictures ASAP! ;) Have a great day!

Ashley said...

YOU DID IT!! That was your other goal for pre-pregnancy I remember and you did it!! HOOOOORRRRRAAAAYYYYY!!!!

Chrystee said...

Congrats Lacey!! That is a great accomplishment! As for the window, it happened to my sister in law and few other friends who work at Sorenson. Haha! :)